LOCATION – GETTING TO GUNNAMATTA TRAIL RIDES
From Melbourne to Gunnamatta Trail Rides by Car (Allow 1½ hours)
- From any suburb in Melbourne drive to Frankston either via the Nepean Highway, the Monash Freeway or Eastlink
- From the Monash Freeway turn off on to the Eastlink Freeway that takes you to Frankston.
- Once at Frankston, follow signs to Portsea along the Moorooduc Freeway. From early in 2013 a new Frankston bypass will make this journey shorter.
- If you are on Eastlink, just follow the signs to Portsea and you will end up on the Moorooduc Freeway.
- Follow this road to the very end and then turn left into Boneo Road (Rosebud)
- Travel approx 2 kilometers to a roundabout at Browns Road. Continue straight across and travel another kilometer and turn right into Limestone Road.
- Follow Limestome Road to the very end and then turn left into Truemans Road.
- Travel 1 kilometer and look for Sandy Road and turn LEFT into Sandy Road and then in to our carpark.
- Gunnamatta Trail Rides is situated on the corner of Truemans Road and Sandy Road.
From Melbourne to Gunnamatta Trail Rides by Public Transport (Allow 2½ hours)
- Take a train from Flinders Street Railway Station in the Melbourne CBD to the Frankston Railway Station.
- This train ride may take up to an hour depending on how many stations the train stops at. Times can be found from any train station,
- Outside the Frankston Station there are a number of bus bays where buses depart to various destinations.
- Catch the Number 788 bus that drives to Portsea.
- Tell the driver that you need to get off at West Rosebud at the corner of Truemans Road.
- When the bus arrives at Rosebud, call our office on 5988 6755 and we will arrange for a courier to collect you from the corner of Truemans Road and Nepean Road (the main road along the beach). Pick-up cost is $5 each way.
- When your ride is finished, we will arrange for you to be transported back to Nepean Road to catch the bus back to the Frankston Railway Station