Terms & Conditions
Weight Restrictions & Riding Experience
For the safety of our customers and the health of our horses, we do not allow our horses to carry heavy weights
Too great a weight on a horse’s back can cause serious injury and thus we have restrictions on people weighing between 95 kg – 100 kg.
We ask that you discuss your weight, height and riding experience with our staff at the time of booking to ensure that a suitable horse is available for your preferred day and time.
It is unlikely that we would have a horse available that could safely carry people weighing in excess of 100kg.
Our 70 horses all have a maximum weight allowance and thus Customers may be asked to be weighed by our staff prior to riding.
To assist us with horse allocation, all bookings are to indicate the following.
Rider weight ranges:
- Up to 70 kg
- 70 kg – 90 kg
- 90kg – 100 kg
- 100+ kg - It is most unlikely that these people can ride at Gunnamatta Trail Rides.
How many horse rides in the past 5 years:
- 0 times
- 1 – 5 times
- 5 + times
NOTE: Refunds will not be given where a customer exceeds these weight limits, so please ensure that correct weights are given for all riders at the time of booking.
If you have incorrectly advised us of your weight and we are unable to allow you to ride on the day, no refund will be given.
Bookings are essential for all of our rides and we require a deposit of $50 per person at the time of booking. Deposits can be paid in cash, on a credit card or by direct deposit.
NOTE: If you cancel a ride, deposits are non-refundable.
However, if you cancel a ride with at least 48 hours notice you can use the deposit toward a horse ride on another day within 6 months.
Assumption of Risk
1. The Proprietor relies on information as provided by the Customer, the Customer acknowledges that all information provided is accurate and complete.
- The Customer must disclose any pre existing medical or any other condition that may affect the risk that either the Customer or any other person may suffer loss, damage or injury.
2. The Customer understands and acknowledges that horse riding is inherently a dangerous activity and accepts that there are risks associated with
horse riding including the possibility of injury, death, loss or damage. The Customer understands that risks specifically associated with horse riding as
provided by the Proprietor (“The Activity”) include:
- The unpredictability of horses, especially if frightened or hurt, no matter how well trained they are.
- The remoteness of the area in which the rides takes place.
- Sudden and unexpected changes in the weather.
- Physical exertion for which the Customer may not be prepared.
- Difficulties in evacuation if the Customer is or becomes disabled
3. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that, to the extent permitted by law, the Proprietor shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the Customer or by any other person, arising from or in conjunction with the Customer’s participation in The Activity whether such injury, loss or damage was
caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of the Proprietor or otherwise, or by the Proprietors servants or agents.
4. The Customer releases the Proprietor from all claims and indemnifies the Proprietor against all claims made by or on behalf of the customer or their
5. The Customer will obey and comply with all rules and directions made or given by the Proprietor in connection with The Activity. In particular, the Customer has been advised that wearing an approved helmet is compulsory at all times during the ride. If a Customer fails to comply with the Proprietor’s rules or directions, the Customer will not be permitted to ride or to continue the ride if commenced and no refund will be given.
6. The Proprietor reserves the right to refuse a person to ride for any reason where the Proprietor believes a customer’s or horse’s safety may be at risk.
7. To the extent permitted by law, the Customer acknowledges and accepts that all warranties, covenants and stipulations are excluded.
8. The Customer understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind altering substance before or
during a ride and the Customer accepts full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage that is associated with the Customer’s consumption of alcohol or any mind altering substance.
9. If the Customer suffers any injury or illness, the Customer accepts that the Proprietor may provide reasonable evacuation, first aid and medical treatment at theCustomer’s expense and the Customer will reimburse such costs to the Proprietor on request.
- The Customer consents to such evacuation, first aid and / or medical treatment at the discretion of the Proprietor.
- Any accident, injury, loss or damage must be reported to the Proprietor before the Customer leaves the Proprietor’s property.
NOTE: Section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (“The Act”) implies a warranty of due care and skill into contracts for the supply of services to consumers, as defined in The Act. Tothe extent that the warranty applies to any contract relevant to the release and waiver of liability, it cannot be excluded.